Asbestos Mesothelioma Video

Saturday

What Should You Ask Your Doctor About Malignant Mesothelioma?

As you cope with mesothelioma cancer and cancer treatment, you need to have honest, open discussions with your doctor. You should feel free to ask any question that’s on your mind no matter how small it might seem. Here are some questions you might want to ask. Nurses, social workers, and other members of the treatment team may also be able to answer many of your questions.

  • What kind of mesothelioma do I have?
  • Has my cancer spread beyond the primary site?
  • What is the stage of my cancer and what does that mean to me?
  • What treatment options do I have?
  • What do you recommend and why?
  • Based on what you've learned about my cancer, what is my prognosis?
  • What risks or side effects are there to the treatments you suggest?
  • What are the chances my cancer will come back with these treatment plans?
  • What should I do to be ready for treatment?
  • In addition to these sample questions, be sure to write down some of your own. For instance, you might want more information about recovery times. Or, you may want to ask about second opinions or about clinical trials for which you may qualify.